This motley crew has the horror trifecta of beauty, power, and resilience. These villainesses and final females used their brains, their gaze, and some pretty amazing one-liners to thwart the enemy and hold audiences captive. While they are all aesthetically pleasing, their beauty is enhanced by their character’s persona. You won’t find these women in the horror trope category because they always fight back and they certainly persevere both on the screen and in our minds.
10. Gloria Holden in Dracula’s Daughter (1936)
9. Sigourney Weaver in the Alien (1979) and Aliens (1986)
8. Angie Everhart in Tales from the Crypt Bordello of Blood (1996)
7. Salma Hayek in From Dusk till Dawn (1996)
6. Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween H20 (1998)
5. Famke Janssen in House on Haunted Hill (1999) and 100 Feet (2008)
4. Eliza Dushku in Wrong Turn (2003)
3. Jennifer Tilly in Seed of Chucky (2004)
2. Jennifer Connelly in Dark Water (2005)
1. Jordana Brewster in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006)
For the most part, the following women hail from the small screen. While the monitor they reached us on is much smaller, their beauty and power is equally large.
Yvonne De Carlo in The Munsters (television series 1964-66)
Anjelica Huston in The Addams Family (movie -1991)
Jessica Lange in American Horror Story (television series 2011- )